Motive of E-learning:
- Due to COVID-19 pandemic, students are not able to attend their schools and colleges. Even in this situation, they didn’t stop study learning. This was possible due to the e-learning benefit.
- A differently-abled children are not attending schools/colleges due to lack of facilities there. E-learning is a advantages for them.
- E-learning gives flexibility. Even if we miss any class, we can listen to it later.
- Students can repeat the lesson many times if they didn’t understand the topic or concepts.
- Through e-learning, teachers can explain the concepts using animations or other technologies, so that students can understand the concepts much clearly.
Challenges of E-learning:
- In the classroom, students will not only learn the subject but also interacts with other students and make friends. With e-learning, students will be deprived of this opportunity.
- As students have to look at screens continuously, it can stress their eyes.
- With e-learning, teachers may not be able to focus on all the students. Teachers may not understand whether students could grasp the concept or not.
- The classroom environment is lively in nature, whereas sitting in front of a computer or smartphone to listen to the classes will be boring.
- E-learning may not generate as much seriousness as classroom learning. So, students may not be motivated enough to listen to the class.
- Not all parents are technologically educated to help their children in case of any issues.
- If the device has other apps such as youtube, students may become distracted. Several students are already suffering from smartphone addiction. So, parents may not feel safe leaving the children unsupervised.